Steamboat Yule Log Hunt: Clue No. 7
Update: The log has been found. Read more here.
Clue No. 1
A western scene, a historic ride.
Skis on board, horseman at her side.
A symbol of the time, world renown.
Preserved for its history and the town.
Clue No. 2
In 1932 he went down in shame.
Dressed as a lady, theft on the brain.
Curtains and a wig gave him away.
The hunt is on, don’t delay.
Clue No. 3
Boyhood memories and open space.
Picture perfect, let’s slow the pace.
A distinguished entrance, forever more.
Can you decipher our historic lore?
Clue No. 4
Moby Dick was its first name.
Given by G.W. who rose to fame.
Learn the basics or grab the mic.
Roll on down, play or hike.
Clue No. 5
Austrian Alps, first and fame.
Adopted son, a household name.
“To Tell the Truth” or tell a lie.
Solve the riddle, or pass on by.
Clue No. 6
Harvard grad, ranching dreams.
A lifetime legacy, awards to the seams.
River and water, the lifeblood of the valley.
You’re on the course, don’t stop, don’t dally.
Clue No. 7
Pershing, Pin Ears, Hired Girl too.
Decker and Bird to name a few.
You’re on your way to find the treasure.
Don’t stop too soon, there’s more to measure.
- The 2018 Yule Log Hunt begins at the 2017 hiding spot: the More Barn in Barn Village on Pine Grove Road.
- A new clue will be released each weekday for up to 10 days, unless the log is found sooner.
- The clues will take hunters on a path toward the log’s hiding place but do not describe the actual spot until the final clues of the hunt.
- The log will be placed in its hiding spot after Clue No. 6.
- When the log is found, the winner should call the Tread of Pioneers Museum at 970-879-2214.
- The log must be brought to the Tread of Pioneers Museum to claim the $150 Steamboat Springs Chamber gift card prize.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User