Where to get help with basic needs in Routt County | SteamboatToday.com

Where to get help with basic needs in Routt County

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Don’t know where to turn? There are several resource and referral agencies ready to help. For a general list of resources call 2-1-1 or go to search.211colorado.org. You can also call Routt County United Way at 970-879-5605.

It is best to go in order of the recommended agencies below:

1. Colorado Workforce: To file for unemployment benefits, visit colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/file-claim.

For an employee toolkit through the Steamboat Springs Chamber, visit steamboatchamber.com/covid-19/employee-resources-toolkit.

2. The Health Partnership: A care coordinator can help access resources, start applications and more. Find up-to-date crisis support, food, housing, utility, transportation and health insurance resources, visit thehealthpartnership.org. Reach a care coordinator by email at referral@ncchealthpartnership.org or call 970-875-3630.

3. Routt County Department of Human Services: Provides food assistance through SNAP, cash assistance TANF, emergency funds, LEAP Energy assistance and Medicaid enrollment. Call 970-870-5280 or email dhsfamed@co.routt.co.us.

4. LiftUp of Routt County: Provides food and emergency financial assistance with housing utilities, health care and other basic needs, including special need assistance. Call 970-870-8804 or email casemanager@liftuprc.org.

5. Northwest Colorado Health: Providing physical and behavioral health services to anyone regardless of insurance status. Most visits can be done via phone or computer. Also offering assistance with Medicaid and CHP+ applications, and programs for moms and families including WIC. Interpreters are available. Call 970-879-1632 or visit northwestcoloradohealth.org.

6. Northwest Colorado Center for Independence: Supporting people with disabilities by connecting them with providers of housing, transportation, employment, assistive technology, access to benefits and independent living services. Call 970-871-4838 or email collette@nwcci.org.

7. Mind Springs Health: Providing behavioral health services. Contact the mental health support line at 877-519-7505 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. State crisis line, available 24/7: 844-493-8255. To request therapy services, call 970-879-2141. Find a COVID-19 Mental Health Toolkit at mindspringshealth.org/covid19 and facebook.com/mindspringshealth.

Where to get face masks

Routt County United Way will continue to give out homemade masks at noon Monday to Friday at 443 Oak St. in Steamboat Springs. If you are unable to make this time, there is a tote on the front porch of the office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please only take what you need. All masks should be washed in hot water and air-dried before worn.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User