How to submit an event for Happenings
Happenings calendar criteria
To be included, your event must be in Routt County and fit into at least one of the following categories:
- Live entertainment event
- Fundraiser or nonprofit event
- Free event
Happenings calendar in print
- Events must be submitted by noon to be included in the next day’s paper.
- Events print chronologically as space allows.
Submit an event
- Go to SteamboatPilot.com and click on “Happenings Calendar” under the Steamboat Pilot & Today logo.
- Click on the blue “+ Add Event” button
- You must log into or create a CitySpark account to submit an event.
New event submission:
- Enter the primary event information. This will search existing events to ensure there are no duplicates. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- If a similar existing event is found, click “Select” next to the correct event. If a similar existing event is not found, click “Not Found? Create New Event.”
- Complete the information form. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- For recurring events, check the “Repeating Event” box or click the “Add Another Date” button for options.
- Each event is required to have an image. Choose a stock image or click the “Browse” button to upload a photo.
- Event descriptions are limited to 200 characters. This should be information about the event that is not already included in the name, location, cost or time fields.
- Any event contact information you enter will be displayed to the public.
Review event information:
- Verify that all event information is correct. Click the “Edit Event Details” button to edit or the “Submit and Finish” button to submit.
- After submitting your event, you will receive a confirmation email. To edit or cancel your event, you’ll need to follow the link in this email.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.