How to submit an event for Happenings
Happenings calendar criteria
To be included, your event must be in Routt County and fit into at least one of the following categories:
- Live entertainment event
- Fundraiser or nonprofit event
- Free event
Happenings calendar in print
- Events must be submitted by noon to be included in the next day’s paper.
- Events print chronologically as space allows.
Submit an event
- Go to SteamboatPilot.com and click on “Happenings Calendar” under the Steamboat Pilot & Today logo.
- Click on the blue “+ Add Event” button
- You must log into or create a CitySpark account to submit an event.
New event submission:
- Enter the primary event information. This will search existing events to ensure there are no duplicates. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- If a similar existing event is found, click “Select” next to the correct event. If a similar existing event is not found, click “Not Found? Create New Event.”
- Complete the information form. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- For recurring events, check the “Repeating Event” box or click the “Add Another Date” button for options.
- Each event is required to have an image. Choose a stock image or click the “Browse” button to upload a photo.
- Event descriptions are limited to 200 characters. This should be information about the event that is not already included in the name, location, cost or time fields.
- Any event contact information you enter will be displayed to the public.
Review event information:
- Verify that all event information is correct. Click the “Edit Event Details” button to edit or the “Submit and Finish” button to submit.
- After submitting your event, you will receive a confirmation email. To edit or cancel your event, you’ll need to follow the link in this email.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.