Winter Sports Club freeskiers earn podium finishes in Copper
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freeskiing team recorded top finishes at the 30th annual USASA National Championships during the first week of April at Copper Mountain.
The championships are the largest freeskiing and snowboarding competitions in the world with more than 1,300 competitors and events in slopestyle, halfpipe and rail jam.
Riley Jacobs won the women’s open class slopestyle event and placed third in halfpipe. Cael McCarthy stood on the slopestyle podium with a third-place finish in the boys 12 to 13 age class.
David Schlicht made the finals in halfpipe and slopestyle along with Silas Leeson, who reached his first slopestyle final. Wiley Wagner missed the halfpipe finals by one spot with a 13-place finish.
• Riley Jacobs: third in halfpipe, first in slopestyle, fifth in rail jam
Girls ages 10 and 11
• Finley Good: 17th in slopestyle
Boys ages 14 and 15
• Silas Leeson: 14th in slopestyle
• Owen Taylor: 21st in halfpipe, 71st in slopestyle
Boys ages 12 and 13
• Cael McCarthy: fifth in halfpipe, third in slopestyle
• David Schlicht: 11th in halfpipe, sixth in slopestyle
• Wiley Wagner: 13th in halfpipe
Boys ages 8 and 9
• Griffen Good: sixth in halfpipe
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.