USA Pro Challenge cyclists about to hit downhill home stretch of Stage 1 race
August 17, 2015
Steamboat Springs — The second lap of Stage 1 of the 2015 USA Pro Challenge is nearing the expected sprint finish into downtown Steamboat Springs.
The breakaway group of five is currently about 55 seconds ahead and heading up the final climb of the race near Oak Creek.
A rapid chase to the finish is expected. The lead group includes Jonny Clarke, Guillaume Boivin, Emerson Oronte, Carson Miller and Michael Torckler.
Clarke was the winner of the second and last King of the Mountain.
The second group is riders includes about 20 cyclists.
More updates and photos will be posted throughout the afternoon.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- PHOTOS: Day 1 of Steamboat Stinger on Aug. 11, 2018
- Ryan Dingle embraces transition from professional hockey to coaching at home
- New climbing gym aiming for August opening in Steamboat Springs
- Records shatter at Steamboat’s Spring Creek Memorial run
- Burger family leads the way in city tennis championships
- Economist: Smartwool departure a ‘hiccup’ in local outdoor recreation industry
- Former Steamboat resident gets 18 years in prison for murder of husband
- Horse euthanized after being injured during Steamboat rodeo
- Silver Creek Fire explodes to more than 3,000 acres
- Hayden tiny home project becoming a reality