Temple flies high in big mountain event
March 31, 2016
Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club skiers went big when they had the opportunity last week at a big mountain ski event, the Breckenridge Go Pro Big Mountain Challenge.
Parker Temple led the way for local skiers, flying to third place in the 15-18 boys division with a line eye-popping enough to earn him the Judges Choice Award.
"Parker skied a great line gapping over a huge band of rocks to enter the venue," club coach Jon Dean said. "He threw a big 360 to enter into Savor Chute and ended up with a huge Cossack over the cliffs dividing Savor and Contact Chutes."
That all earned him an engraved belt buckle and a new GoPro 4.
Kristina Steinberg also had a strong performance, skiing to ninth place on the girls' side, while Will Eck was 20th, Mcallan Moody 22nd and Frank Becker 24th for the boys.
At the U14 level, Callum Becvarik was 22nd on the boys side, and Jackson Foote was 34th.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat Springs boys soccer falls to Battle Mountain, 7-2
- Steamboat boys tennis goes 1-1 at home matches, cross country sees more success
- New climbing gym aiming for August opening in Steamboat Springs
- RESULTS: Fall 2018 Routt County high school sports scores
- Soroco XC team finishes sixth at St. Vrain
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat