Steamboat Springs boys basketball sweeps tournament
January 5, 2019
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Springs High School boys basketball team collected three wins at the Roughrider Shootout.
The Sailors defeated Skyview 51-35 on Thursday, Jan. 3. Sailors senior Mac Riniker put on a double-double performance, including 13 points and 11 rebounds. Riniker also added seven assists and three steals. Jack Martin also had a stand-out performance with 15 points and three assists.
Steamboat bounced back with another win on Friday, Jan. 4, defeating Pueblo County 48-34. Riniker nearly eclipsed the double-double mark again with 17 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Senior Aden Knaus added a 16-point, five-rebound performance. Senior Tyler Doyne racked up eight points and nine rebounds.
The Sailors capped off a weekend of success with a 62-28 routing of Denver West. As a team, the Sailors had 24 assists. Knaus led scoring with 13 points, and Riniker added 12 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Junior Dawson Lindquist was the third player in double digits with 11 points while also adding eight rebounds, five assists and four steals.
The Sailors will have a week off before hosting Battle Mountain at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat’s historic Brooklyn neighborhood could see addition of 8 homes
- Bear Claw II selling rare ski-in, ski-out lots to fund maintenance
- Diemers have been serving up generosity, good food at Johnny B. Good’s Diner for 25 years
- A shuttle driver with wings: Bob Huron recounts his years as an Air Force pilot
- Routt County real estate sales total $3.6M for March 8 to 14, 2019