Steamboat boys tennis qualifies four for state
October 3, 2018
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Springs High School tennis team took third overall at regionals in Grand Junction on Wednesday, Oct. 3.
The Sailors missed second place by a mere two points, placing several athletes and advancing four to state.
Andy Schuiling, Ethan Paulus, Gabe Rabanal and John Hannaway will travel to Pueblo on Thursday, Oct. 11 to represent Steamboat Springs at the state tournament. Schuiling came in first place at No. 1 singles to punch his ticket to state, while Ethan Paulus took second at No. 3 singles as the second individual to advance. The No. 1 doubles team of Gabe Rabanal and John Hannaway claimed second to be the final state qualifiers.
Jacob Gilbertson and Jackson Lynch placed third at No. 2 doubles, Kyle Neilson and McAllan Moody claimed fourth at No. 3 doubles.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- RESULTS: Winter 2018 Routt County high school sports scores
- Steamboat local plans to hike the Pacific Crest Trail
- Undefeated: Soroco’s Ben Kelley wins three events at state track meet
- 4 Steamboat Springs-connected skiers named to U.S. moguls team
- Bullfighters hope to avoid getting “caught” at Steamboat’s Bulls and Bands
- $2,600 lost in scam that has targeted 2 Steamboat businesses
- City of Steamboat will not allow 6 unrelated people to live in multifamily unit
- Steamboat bartender is finalist in ‘Legends of Bartending’ competition in Denver
- Hometown business owner hoping to gain an edge with ski-tuning shop Edgewerks
- Water managers try to feed clouds to coax snow from the sky