SSWSC skiers place at Copper Mountain halfpipe competition
January 8, 2019
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club put together two top-three finishes at the USASA Rocky Mountain Series Halfpipe competition Sunday, Jan. 6, at Copper Mountain Resort.
Cael McCarthy won the breaker boys division of freeskiing competition with a 67.33 score, topping second-place Team Breckenridge athlete Axel Bonenberger. Ski and Snowboard Club Vail’s Erik Jaerbyn came in third.
SSWSC’s Riley Jacobs finished third in the women’s freeskiing open class. Ski Club of Great Britain athlete Connie Brogden and Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club athlete Hanna Faulhaber came in first and second respectively.
Jacobs will head to Leysin, Switzerland, on Jan. 25 to 27 to represent the United States at the FIS Freeski and Snowboard Junior World Championships Halfpipe.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Slash and Burn Banked Slalom brings unique snowboard event back to Steamboat Resort
- Hayden runner signs with Western Colorado University to run track
- Steamboat Springs High School hockey players receive all-conference, all-state honors
- Burgers shine again at city tennis championship
- Camp sets young athletes on track
- Steamboat Resort to close some trails, extend hours for summer season
- Charlee remains at Children’s Hospital as Shaw family unveils scholarship to honor Sancy
- West Steamboat annexation petition lacks signatures to trigger citywide vote
- Martha “Chris” Young: Rita Valentine Park is a city park, not a dog park
- Steamboat lacrosse player’s father dies during game Tuesday night