SSWSC skiers place at Copper Mountain halfpipe competition
January 8, 2019
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club put together two top-three finishes at the USASA Rocky Mountain Series Halfpipe competition Sunday, Jan. 6, at Copper Mountain Resort.
Cael McCarthy won the breaker boys division of freeskiing competition with a 67.33 score, topping second-place Team Breckenridge athlete Axel Bonenberger. Ski and Snowboard Club Vail’s Erik Jaerbyn came in third.
SSWSC’s Riley Jacobs finished third in the women’s freeskiing open class. Ski Club of Great Britain athlete Connie Brogden and Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club athlete Hanna Faulhaber came in first and second respectively.
Jacobs will head to Leysin, Switzerland, on Jan. 25 to 27 to represent the United States at the FIS Freeski and Snowboard Junior World Championships Halfpipe.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Defense not enough to pull off victory for Sailors hockey
- Bullfighters hope to avoid getting “caught” at Steamboat’s Bulls and Bands
- 2016 Winter Carnival: Logan Sankey chosen as carnival queen
- New Routt County snowshoe race series encourages recreation over competition
- PHOTOS: Day 1 of Steamboat Stinger on Aug. 11, 2018
- Lost skier spends night in snow storm in backcountry outside Steamboat Resort
- Steamboat woman arrested, charged with distributing heroin
- UPDATED: Routt County Search and Rescue responds to lost, injured snowmobilers Sunday
- Skinny dipping in the hot tub: The Record for Sunday, Jan. 20
- Resort Group in Steamboat Springs has new owners