Soroco XC team finishes sixth at St. Vrain
September 11, 2018
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Soroco girls cross country team placed sixth overall in a field of Class 2A and 3A teams at St. Vrain on Saturday, Sept. 8.
The Rams finished as the second-overall 2A team in the meet behind Lyons, a state title contender.
Soroco’s Chloe Veilleux won the girls race establishing a lead from the very beginning, staying on pace for a season-best performance of 19 minutes and 53 seconds.
Alex Colby took 47th overall on the boys side with a time of 19:43, leading the Rams to 15th place overall, making them fourth out of the 2A teams.
“The course was a bit tougher than we thought it would be, but most of our athletes managed to run season’s best times,” head coach Callie Bradley said. “It was the largest field most of our runners had competed in, outside of the state championships (119 girls and 180 boys, respectively). Overall, we were very pleased with the results.”
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- U.S. Highway 40 remains in limbo as Silver Creek Fire grows
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day