Steamboat baseball drops two more
March 29, 2016
Steamboat Springs High School baseball coach Rusty McRight said it's simple mistakes that continue to lead to lopsided losses for the Sailors.
On Tuesday, the team lost twice on a trip to play at Eagle Valley, falling 13-3 in the first game, then 22-4 in the second.
"It's mental errors and fielding errors," he said. "We're making entirely too many errors."
Those errors make for long innings and big scores.
The team fell to 2-6 on the season.
"We're giving up too many bases on balls and not executing routine plays," he said. "We're just a young team, and we're going to continue to get better. They're freshmen and sophomores, and they're learning the philosophy of the game, how to play and execute. We're just going to keep working."
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat