SSHS, Hayden track compete in Grand Junction
April 3, 2016
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Springs High School and Hayden High School track and field teams traveled to Grand Junction on Saturday for the Mickey Dunn Invitational. The meet featured 24 teams and more than 700 athletes.
The Sailors were again led by their runners. The girls 3,200-meter relay team took fifth, boys 3,200-meter relay team ninth, and girls 1,600 relay team sixth. Alexandra Tumminello was sixth in the girls 1,600-meter race (5 minutes, 45.29 seconds) and Kandice Kittinger ninth in the girls 3,200-meter race (12:47.18).
Allison Casey was 10th in the girls 200-meter dash (28.26 seconds) and Cruz Archuleta 10th in the boys 400-meter dash (55.17).
Hayden had particularly impressive performances from its girls. Freshman Allison Ingols took eventh in the girls triple jump (30 feet, 4.25 inches), freshman Paige Barnes 11th in the girls long jump (13-10.00) and freshman Faith Day 10th in the girls high jump (4-08.00).
Hayden’s 800-meter girls’ relay team was sixth.
The next scheduled meet for both teams is Saturday at Eagle Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat