SSHS girls lacrosse falls to Eagle Valley
March 25, 2016
Steamboat Springs — In what coach Betsy Frick called a “hard fought, physical game,” the Steamboat Springs High School girls’ lacrosse team fell short of host Eagle Valley on Friday, losing 19-11.
The Sailors trailed 10-4 at halftime and played the game without any subs. Frick said it was probably the most consistent defensive effort she’s seen in her seven years as coach.
Freshman Lucy Shimek led the Sailors with five goals, while senior Becky Brown had four. Brittney Starks had seven saves in net.
Steamboat, 2-3, will play Telluride at 11 a.m. Saturday in Grand Junction.
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Updates on Silver Creek Fire and Ryan Fire burning near Steamboat Springs