Sailors roll 5-1 at Delta
March 19, 2016
Steamboat Springs — An offensive onslaught from a slew of Sailors helped lift the Steamboat Springs girls soccer team to a win Saturday, playing on the road at Delta.
Steamboat got goals from five players to win, 5-1.
Natalie Bohlmann, Mackenzie Gansmann, Jordi Floyd, Brooke Buchanan and Keelan Vargas all scored for Steamboat as the team improved its record to 4-0 on the season.
The win set up a big game at 6 p.m. Tuesday at home against Battle Mountain, though to be fair, Saturday's game didn't do much to amplify the importance of the showdown against the Huskies. That matchup has been nothing but big for years.
The two teams have combined to outscore their opponents 37-4 this season, and both are undefeated.
The Huskies have gotten the best of Steamboat in recent seasons, but most games have been wildly close. Battle Mountain won the head-to-head matchup three times last year, including two overtime games. One came in Steamboat and the other was in the playoffs, ending the Sailors' season.
Recommended Stories For You
Battle Mountain also won three times in 2014, but the teams played to ties in both their 2013 games.
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Updates on Silver Creek Fire and Ryan Fire burning near Steamboat Springs
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Pedestrian hit by car: The Record for Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat Springs High School football takes 40-7 win over Hotchkiss on new Gardner Field