Sailor track takes small group to Coal Ridge
April 23, 2016
Steamboat Springs — With many students still on spring break, the Steamboat Springs High School track and field team took only a small squad to the Coal Ridge Invitational on Friday.
Senior Alexandra Tumminello was a bright spot for the team, winning the girls 1,600-meter race with a season-best time of 5 minutes, 37.87 seconds. Freshman Kandice Kittinger took sixth in the same race in 6:03.62. Kitinger also finished second in the girls 3,200-meter race in 13:20.59, while Tumminello also recorded a sixth-place finish in the 800-meter race (2:37.15).
The Steamboat boys had three relay teams finish in the top six.
Sophomore Kyle Spognardi was eighth in the 800-meter race (2:16.9), sophomore Zach Gollnick ninth in the 100-meter dash (12.11) and freshman Decker Dean 10th in the 1,600-meter race (5:20.11).
The Sailors next will send their pole vaulters to the High Country Pole Vault Championships on Thursday in Kremmling before traveling as a complete unit to Moffat County on Friday.
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Updates on Silver Creek Fire and Ryan Fire burning near Steamboat Springs
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Pedestrian hit by car: The Record for Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat Springs High School football takes 40-7 win over Hotchkiss on new Gardner Field