Kelley wins again for Soroco track
April 4, 2016
Steamboat Springs — The Soroco High School track and field team traveled to a meet at Cedaredge on Saturday, making up for a Thursday meet in Brighton that was canceled because of weather.
Sophomore Ben Kelley led the way, winning the boys 3,200-meter race in 10 minutes, 52.89 seconds, six seconds ahead of second place. Kelley also took third in the boys 400-meter dash in 51.95 seconds.
Junior Brandon Veilleux also shined for the Soroco boys, taking fourth in the high jump (5 feet, 7 inches) and sixth in the 200-meter dash (24.67 seconds). Junior Cody Reynen took seventh in the boys 300-meter hurdles, with Veilleux taking eighth.
Junior Morgan George was strong for the Soroco girls, taking sixth in the 100-meter dash (13.97 seconds) and eighth in the 200-meter dash (29.31 seconds). Sophomore Mattie Rossi was third and freshman Chloe Veilleux fourth in the girls 300-meter hurdles. Rossi also took fourth in the long jump (15-10.25).
The girls 400-meter relay team took fifth in 54.39 seconds, while the girls 800-meter sprint relay team took third in 1:59.47.
The Rams are next scheduled to compete at Eagle Valley on Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey