Hayden names athletes of the month
November 20, 2015
Cassidy Crawford and Christian Carson were named November's athletes of the month at Hayden High School.
Carson, a junior, just finished football season, in which he stood out defense. He's now preparing for wrestling season.
"Christian has grown as a teammate and a leader over the season," Tigers' football coach Ryan Wilkie said. "He has become accountable and has a good work ethic. Christian was asked to play numerous positions and was put in positions that were not necessarily the best for him but were the best for the team. Christian is a hitter and the face of our defense. As Christian went, our team went, and we’re excited to see how he matures as a leader this off season, not only on the field, but in the weight room and summer programs. Christian is one of the few three-sport athletes, and we wish him good luck in wrestling and track.”
Crawford played on Hayden's volleyball team, earning the praise of coach Dayna Hunter.
"Cassidy is an amazing young lady. She is so dedicated to the team and her school work," Hunter said. "She was called on unexpectedly to step up and fill some pretty big shoes this year. She accepted the calling without hesitation and did it to the best of her ability. She has spent many nights after practice trying to improve her skills, and it shows. I'm so proud to have her on our team and to be her coach."
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Steamboat City Council approves Brynn Grey annexation agreement