Girls lacrosse team loses at Aspen
April 9, 2016
The Steamboat Springs High School girls lacrosse team couldn't get a win Saturday playing at Aspen, but coach Betsy Frick said she liked some of what her team was dishing out.
The Sailors fell, 15-5. They got a pair of goals from both Lucy Shimek and Becky Brown and one from Cassett Yeager.
The loss drops the team to 4-5 on the season and 3-2 in league play.
The positive part for Frick, obviously, wasn't that the team lost, but rather, how it played, she said.
"The awesome thing was four of our five goals were assisted," Frick said. "The girls did a good job of passing and finding open players in front of the net."
Yeager, Brown, Shimek and Abby Vandergraaff tallied those assists.
Recommended Stories For You
On the other end of the field, Brittney Starks racked up 11 saves.
Next up for the team is a trip Wednesday to play at Battle Mountain.
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Steamboat City Council approves Brynn Grey annexation agreement