Friday prep games called off
April 15, 2016
Steamboat Springs — Friday’s snowstorm has led to numerous cancellations or postponements of prep games across the state, including for Steamboat Springs High School.
The Sailors were scheduled to compete in boys lacrosse, girls soccer and girls tennis on Friday, but each match has been called off.
The boys lacrosse team was scheduled to compete Friday at Eagle Valley, a game now rescheduled for 4 p.m. May 3 at the Gypsum Sports Complex. The Sailors (7-3) are off until April 27, when they host Summit.
The girls soccer team was set to play at Battle Mountain Friday, a pivotal game that would have gone a long way in clinching the Western Slope League for Steamboat (9-1). No date has yet been announced for its rescheduling. The Sailors are next scheduled to play April 27 at Moffat County.
The girls tennis team was scheduled to compete Friday at Air Academy and Ralston Valley. Those matches will be played April 28 at Ralston Valley High School. They are currently the only scheduled matches remaining before the team competes at regionals May 5 and 6 in Grand Junction.
Steamboat’s girls golf, girls lacrosse and baseball teams were not scheduled to play this weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
As of Friday morning, a track and field meet scheduled for Glenwood Springs Friday and Saturday was still set to go on as planned. Steamboat Springs, Hayden and Soroco are all scheduled to compete.
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day