Boys lax pulls away late to beat Glenwood
April 13, 2016
Steamboat Springs — It still wasn't the start-to-finish effort Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse coach Jay Lattimore wanted, but ending on a high note with the win certainly feels good.
On Wednesday at Glenwood Springs, the Sailors used a strong second half to pull away for a 15-9 win.
"It was a good win," Lattimore said. "The guys, again, took a little bit to get started, which we are still trying to piece together a full game. The second half was the game they played, so it was definitely good to finish."
Glenwood (4-3) remained close in the first half; the teams went to the break even at 6-6. The second half was dominated by the Sailors, however, who finished with a 9-3 run.
Senior Drew Williamson and sophomore Davis Petersen each led the Sailors with six goals.
Steamboat (7-3) has one game remaining before spring break, a 4 p.m. contest Friday at Eagle Valley (3-6).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Prep Sports
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Steamboat City Council approves Brynn Grey annexation agreement