Steamboat lacrosse teams continue success, baseball adds win
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The month of April is a busy one as most spring sports are preparing for what they hope will be a postseason run in early May.
High school lacrosse and soccer teams are starting to play Western Slope teams for the second time this season and hoping to hold their places in the RPI standings for playoffs.
The Steamboat Springs High School girls soccer team is in the midst of a two-week stretch where it plays five games. After an 8-1 defeat of Eagle Valley on Monday at home, the Sailors travel to Eagle Valley on Thursday, April 11, and Palisade on Saturday, April 13. Then, the Sailors will have to face Battle Mountain on Tuesday, April 16, and Rifle on Thursday, April 18.
The Steamboat girls lacrosse team will travel to Fort Collins and Golden this weekend to see how it stacks up against Front Range teams while the boys lacrosse team stays at home to take on Western Slope competition.
Thursday, April 11
- Steamboat boys lacrosse vs. Eagle Valley, 4 p.m.
- Steamboat girls soccer at Eagle Valley, 6 p.m.
- Steamboat girls tennis vs. Ralston Valley at APEX Tennis Center, 4 p.m.
Friday, April 12
- Steamboat girls lacrosse at Rocky Mountain, 7:30 p.m.
- Steamboat girls tennis at Eaton High School, noon
Saturday, April 13
- Steamboat boys lacrosse vs. Aspen, 11 a.m.
- Steamboat girls lacrosse at Golden, 2 p.m.
- Steamboat girls soccer at Palisade, 11 a.m.
- Steamboat, Soroco track and field at Glenwood Springs, 9 a.m.
- Steamboat girls tennis at Thompson Valley, 11 a.m.
- Steamboat baseball at Basalt, 11 a.m., 1 p.m.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.