SSWSC duo competes at big mountain championships
April 15, 2016
Steamboat Springs — A pair of Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club skiers competed in the International Freeskiers and Snowboarders Association North American Junior Freeride Championships last week, held at Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada.
The top 160 athletes were invited to the North American Championships based on their national or regional rankings.
Both boys are members of the SSWSC big mountain team, with Bryce Zetzman having qualified for the Noram championships two straight years now. Last week, Zetzman took 27th overall out of more than 40 competitors in the male 12-to-14 age group with a top run of 31.57 seconds.
His teammate, Steamboat’s Parker Temple, did not record a score in the 15-to-18 age division after losing his skis upon landing.
For full results, visit freeskiers.org.
Trending In: Outdoors
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Steamboat City Council approves Brynn Grey annexation agreement