Lennon Vaughan scores high at X Games Oslo
March 4, 2016
Steamboat Springs' freeskiing Vaughan brothers closed out February strong.
Lennon Vaughan, 19, rocked his first X Games, competing at X Games Oslo in the men's skier half-pipe competition. Invited as an alternate, he made the field, then skied well enough to place 13th.
The top eight riders made the event's finals, and Vaughan wasn't far off. His first run scored in at 70.66, about 10 points shy of the cut.
Back in the United States, Spencer Vaughan, 17, had a strong weekend of his own. He won the men's snowboard open division at a United States Snowboard and Freeski Association half-pipe event at Keystone.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat Springs boys soccer falls to Battle Mountain, 7-2
- New climbing gym aiming for August opening in Steamboat Springs
- Burger family leads the way in city tennis championships
- Steamboat boys tennis goes 1-1 at home matches, cross country sees more success
- Steamboat kids shine in Sweetheart tennis tournament
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Steamboat City Council approves Brynn Grey annexation agreement