Enduro riders slash through Steamboat
September 10, 2017
Dozens of mountain bikers hit the trails gravity-fed around Steamboat Springs on Saturday and Sunday for the Enduro-X mountain bike race.
Friday sent riders into the backcountry in North Routt County while they honed in on Steamboat Ski Area on Sunday, riding a total of eight stages.
Steamboat Bike Park manager Trevyn Newpher proved to be the fastest on two wheels, winning the pro men’s division. He recorded the fastest time on six of the weekend’s eight stages.
Kyle Hickey was second and Alex Boday third.
Johanne Albrightsen was weekend’s fastest woman.
Other division winners included Frederick Zacherl in the men’s master’s 40+ division, Sean Jergensen in the men’s 19-29 division, Jacob Dudek in the men’s 30-39 division, Christian Forrest in the junior men U14 division and Dane Freckleton in the junior men U18 division.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat resident Mark Satkiewicz back home and alive after near-death experience
- Steamboat Resort to open Wednesday with 2 lifts, 11 trails
- Steamboat City Council to hear annexation proposal Dec. 4
- Steamboat tennis icon Jim Swiggart dies at 69
- Funding for direct summer Houston flight the first casualty of 2A not passing