Baden’s world tour rolls on
March 29, 2016
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club slopestyle snowboarder Nik Baden has continued to post strong results in what's been a big season.
His success has given him plenty of chance to see the world, too.
Most recently, he touched down in the tiny nation of Andorra, in the Pyrenees Mountains, between Spain and France. He competed at the Grandvalira Total Fight 2016 event and notched one of his best career results, a fifth-place finish.
Canadian Max Parrot, a three-time X Games gold medalist and 2014 Winter Olympian, won with a score of 89.33. Baden wasn't far back at 81.33.
Baden also competed earlier this month in Yabuli, Heilongjiang, China, at the World Championships of Snowboarding. There, he was 10th in the finals.
That's all after a medal-winning trip to Norway in February.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Hunter Katich upsets Dane Jackson in GoPro Mountain Games freestyle kayak
- Lightning, bears and … BMX? Adventuring duo hits Steamboat Springs
- PHOTOS: Day 1 of Steamboat Stinger on Aug. 11, 2018
- Sports Briefs: Steamboat football, volleyball fall in road competitions
- Steamboat’s Freedman third at trail running world championship
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- Steamboat tradition transitions as resort moves into new era