Baden’s world tour rolls on
March 29, 2016
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club slopestyle snowboarder Nik Baden has continued to post strong results in what's been a big season.
His success has given him plenty of chance to see the world, too.
Most recently, he touched down in the tiny nation of Andorra, in the Pyrenees Mountains, between Spain and France. He competed at the Grandvalira Total Fight 2016 event and notched one of his best career results, a fifth-place finish.
Canadian Max Parrot, a three-time X Games gold medalist and 2014 Winter Olympian, won with a score of 89.33. Baden wasn't far back at 81.33.
Baden also competed earlier this month in Yabuli, Heilongjiang, China, at the World Championships of Snowboarding. There, he was 10th in the finals.
That's all after a medal-winning trip to Norway in February.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- PHOTOS: Steamboat Springs FIS Continental Cup
- Results from Continental Cup in Steamboat Springs, December 16, 2017
- SSWSC Foundation’s fifth annual Stars at Night fundraising gala to take place Tuesday
- Big Dreams: Devin de Jong
- Dan Gilchrist shares his video of Steamboat Springs ski racer Cooper Puckett training on the giant slalom course earlier this week on the All Out run at the Steamboat Ski area
- Routt County man suspected of molesting his children
- Jet Blue airlines lands at Yampa Valley Regional Airport on Saturday, marking beginning of winter flights
- Steamboat to explore idea of moving Winter Carnival off Lincoln Avenue
- Alpiner Lodge has new owners but property will continue as workforce housing
- 3 Steamboat businesses targeted by bomb threats in nationwide scam