Baden’s world tour rolls on
March 29, 2016
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club slopestyle snowboarder Nik Baden has continued to post strong results in what's been a big season.
His success has given him plenty of chance to see the world, too.
Most recently, he touched down in the tiny nation of Andorra, in the Pyrenees Mountains, between Spain and France. He competed at the Grandvalira Total Fight 2016 event and notched one of his best career results, a fifth-place finish.
Canadian Max Parrot, a three-time X Games gold medalist and 2014 Winter Olympian, won with a score of 89.33. Baden wasn't far back at 81.33.
Baden also competed earlier this month in Yabuli, Heilongjiang, China, at the World Championships of Snowboarding. There, he was 10th in the finals.
That's all after a medal-winning trip to Norway in February.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- In the dog house: Steamboat looks to increase leash law enforcement
- A tall man in a high place: ‘Big K’ describes living at the top of the Steamboat Resort gondola
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Steamboat Resort takes care of unexpected guest — a pine marten
- Yampa Valley snowpack continues to creep above average, but water still a worry