Baden’s world tour rolls on
March 29, 2016
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club slopestyle snowboarder Nik Baden has continued to post strong results in what's been a big season.
His success has given him plenty of chance to see the world, too.
Most recently, he touched down in the tiny nation of Andorra, in the Pyrenees Mountains, between Spain and France. He competed at the Grandvalira Total Fight 2016 event and notched one of his best career results, a fifth-place finish.
Canadian Max Parrot, a three-time X Games gold medalist and 2014 Winter Olympian, won with a score of 89.33. Baden wasn't far back at 81.33.
Baden also competed earlier this month in Yabuli, Heilongjiang, China, at the World Championships of Snowboarding. There, he was 10th in the finals.
That's all after a medal-winning trip to Norway in February.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat Springs boys soccer falls to Battle Mountain, 7-2
- Steamboat boys tennis goes 1-1 at home matches, cross country sees more success
- RESULTS: Fall 2018 Routt County high school sports scores
- Soroco XC team finishes sixth at St. Vrain
- Looking ahead: Steamboat football putting pieces together for road rivalry
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day