Nancy Spillane: Rep. Dylan Roberts is rocking Colorado health care
Thank you to Rep. Dylan Roberts for working hard on real health care issues in Colorado. During a very short tenure, he already has done the following:
• Gotten HB1007 — Kevin’s Law — passed and signed by the governor. This new law allows Coloradans and those visiting Colorado to have access to life-sustaining medication — insulin, inhalers, heart medications, etc. — without a prescription in emergency situations.
• Co-sponsored HB1004: Proposal for a public health insurance option. This bill will set in place the process of instituting a state-backed public health insurance option in Colorado so that people and families purchasing health insurance on the individual market will have choice, competition and lower prices. This bill has already passed the House with a strong bipartisan vote of 46-17.
• Co-sponsored SB004: Proposal to address high-cost health insurance pilot program. This bill will implement a state-run pilot program to allow residents of counties facing the highest health care costs to participate in state benefit plans and allow consumers to collectively negotiate rates directly with providers. It has passed the Senate Health and Human Services and Senate Appropriations Committees and is awaiting a hearing by the full Senate.
• Co-sponsored HB1216: Bill to reduce insulin prices. This bill will lower insulin prices immediately by requiring Big Pharma rebates to reach the patient, cap co-pays for insulin at $100 a month and directs the Colorado attorney general to investigate insulin pricing in Colorado. It has passed its second reading.
• Co-sponsored HB1183 to help secure automated external defibrillators in public places, which allows for easier deployment of AEDs across the state. It has passed the state’s House of Representatives with bipartisan support and is awaiting a hearing date in Senate committees.
• Co-sponsored HB1120: Youth mental health education and suicide prevention. This bill will expand access to youth mental health services and encourage additional mental health education and awareness in Colorado schools. This bill has passed the House Public Health Care and Human Services and is awaiting a hearing date in the House Appropriations Committee.
We all have seen Rep. Roberts on Denver news broadcasts and have read about his good work in statewide newspapers. Given he is our Routt County representative, it would be lovely to read about his work in our local paper as well. We all are benefitting from all he has done already. Thank you, Dylan Roberts.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User