Tiger Shaw: Steamboat is favorite stop
March 29, 2016
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association was fortunate to host two of our events at Steamboat Resort this month — the USANA U.S. Freestyle Championships and the Nature Valley NASTAR National Championships.
With its infamous Voodoo mogul course and top-notch aerials site, Steamboat is always a favorite stop for the nation's best freestyle skiers. NASTAR has had some of its highest participation numbers when Ski Town USA hosts events, and this year's 1,000-plus racers had a great time on and off the course.
With a rich Olympic history, plenty of Champagne powder and sunny spring days, Steamboat is a world-class resort. On behalf of the USSA, I would like to thank Steamboat Resort and the Steamboat Springs community for welcoming our elite athletes and recreational racers with open arms.
We look forward to working with the resort and the community for more events in the future.
Recommended Stories For You
President and CEO
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- U.S. Highway 40 remains in limbo as Silver Creek Fire grows
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day