Lou Dolman: Group protests pass increase
April 13, 2016
I am writing on behalf of Steamboat's Over The Hill Gang to protest the 20-percent increase in senior pass rates for 2016-17.
Our organization is made up of some 330 very active seniors, all of whom are Steamboat devotees and a majority of whom are skiers.
Given the significant involvement of our members in promoting the ski area, both winter and summer, by inviting friends and family to ski here with us and broadcasting Steamboat's attributes with other U.S. and international Over The Hill Gang ski groups, we feel that Steamboat's seniors are being asked to bear an unfair burden through this proposed increase.
We suggest that a 10 percent increase would be much more in line with the increases of the other pass types.
Recommended Stories For You
president, Steamboat's Over the Hill Gang
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat