Craig Farnum: Thanks for charging stations
March 7, 2016
My family wants to thank the community of Steamboat Springs for choosing to install electric vehicle charging stations in town.
We live in Carbondale and had to make an important flight out of the Eagle-Vail airport during the time of the Glenwood Canyon rock slide closure. Our family vehicle is 100 percent electric, and we would not have made the long detour through Steamboat without being able to recharge in town.
And, of course, having an EV charger is a win-win investment for local taxpayers. In return for our approximately $3 worth of electricity, we stayed the night at the Rabbit Ears and enjoyed the great local cuisine for dinner and breakfast.
Thank you, again, to great folks of Steamboat for supporting electric vehicles.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey