Barbara Hughes: Thanks blood donors
August 19, 2015
I'm writing today to recognize and send a big thank you to all Steamboat blood donors, especially those of you who came in at the last minute after receiving a call from Bonfils Blood Center on Aug. 6 about a patient in need.
A patient undergoing surgery in Denver needed massive quantities of blood, and Steamboat donors delivered. A huge thank you also has to go to Steve Hitchcock and the Soda Creek Pizza crew who have been providing free pizza for all donors at each of our five annual blood drives for the past six years.
Donating blood is one of the easiest ways to help save lives, and Steamboat donors, once again, came through with flying colors by donating 137 pints of blood at our August drive.
I look forward to seeing you all again at the Nov. 12 blood drive.
Volunteer blood drive coordinator
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Water release allows Yampa River to reopen to recreation, with restrictions
- Routt County real estate transactions: Aug. 10 to 16, 2018
- Inspection delays start of classes at Steamboat Springs Middle School
- Steamboat Springs High School sophomore sells steer for $8k at livestock sale
- Proposed Breckenridge short-term rental rule requires 1-hour response time for complaints