Ann Ross: Seniors not for increase
April 11, 2016
Steamboat Springs — There is a saying "Two is company, three's a crowd," but in this case three is not enough. I am adding to the Zehners' and Bob Burks' concerns about the increase in senior ski pass rates, hoping more will chime in.
I have skied, raced, patrolled before the Ambassadors and had my share of falls and busted limbs but kept coming back. I miss the after-ski laughter now overwhelmed by loud pounding noise.
A raise in rates is one more way the Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. gets rid of us that loved the mountain for years. I remember when seniors skied free. Loyalty does not matter.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Updates on Silver Creek Fire and Ryan Fire burning near Steamboat Springs
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Pedestrian hit by car: The Record for Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat Springs High School football takes 40-7 win over Hotchkiss on new Gardner Field