Herb Silbert: Steamboat makes America proud
May 29, 2017
Recently, my wife and I had the pleasure of visiting family in your town. I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw.
From the litter-free streets, the absence of parking meters, the Yampa River Botanic Garden walk and the refreshing sounds and sights of the Yampa River made me feel so comfortable. Living in Florida, how awesome it was to see the snow-capped mountains, especially Mount Werner. I found out a lot about “The ‘Boat” after visiting your excellent library.
The only thing I feel might add to your “Shangri La” is a town square. Congratulations, Steamboat, you make America proud.
I picked up a copy of your local newspaper and couldn’t help noting the “crime” in your town. Bears tipping over trash cans, seniors missing meds. Wow! I really envy your mountain hideaway. Hope it will stay that way always.
Sun City Center, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- ‘Very drunk or on drugs’: The Record for Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018
- 8th annual Wellness Conference focuses on resources for caregivers