Winners of the 2019 First Crane Sighting Contest announced
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Although the cranes were a bit slow to return to the Yampa Valley this spring, Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition eventually received more than 50 sightings of cranes from all across the valley.
Winners of the 2019 First Crane Sighting Contest are listed below:
- Grand winner: Robert Bruchez, sighting March 11 on Routt County Road 70 in Hayden
- West Moffat: Dorothy Brown, sighting March 12 just outside of Maybell
- Craig: Michael Tucci, sighting March 12 by the water plant in Craig
- West Routt: Selina Kostur, sighting March 13 on C.R. 80 in Hayden
- Steamboat Springs: Chris Becea, sighting March 20 at the Steamboat II subdivision
- North Routt: Jonathan Gibson, sighting March 26 on C.R. 54 in North Routt
- South Routt: Rebecca de Boer, sighting March 28 at the Lake Catamount Touring Center
The complete results of the First Crane Sighting Contest, with photos and videos, will be available at coloradocranes.org at the end of April.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.