Wildfire at airport: The Record for Monday, July 27, 2020
Monday, July 27, 2020
12:02 p.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called about a suspicious incident outside a grocery store in the 1800 block of Central Park Drive.
12:29 p.m. Police received a report of harassment from the 1500 block of Conestoga Circle.
4:03 p.m. Police were called about a reported assault at a park in the 1300 block of Lincoln Avenue.
6:31 p.m. Police were called about a suspicious incident at the Brent Romick Rodeo Arena.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
7:02 p.m. Police were called about a suspicious incident in the 1300 block of Skyview Lane.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.
Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
7:12 p.m. Police were called about a theft in the 10 block of Sequoia Court.
7:21 p.m. Police were called about a disturbance in the 1000 block of Blue Sage Drive.
9:08 p.m. Yampa Valley Regional Airport firefighters received a report of a small wildfire that ignited under some power lines at the airport. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames within minutes. The incident did not impact airport operations.
Total incidents: 58
- Steamboat officers had 39 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had 10 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to four calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- North Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Yampa Valley Regional Airport firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Citing a concern of increasing COVID-19 cases and stagnating vaccine rates in Routt, Moffat and Grand counties, 14th District Chief Judge Michael O’Hara issued an order Friday directing court proceedings to return to a completely…