Vehicle fire: The Record for Saturday, Aug. 22
Saturday, Aug. 22, 2020
12:29 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers responded to a report of a car playing loud music in a parking lot in the 100 block of Mountain Village Circle. The vehicle left before officers arrived.
1:52 a.m. Officers were called to a report of intoxicated people at a college in the 1400 block of Bob Adams Drive. Police issued citations for underage drinking.
12:47 p.m. West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to a vehicle on fire at U.S. Highway 40 and Routt County Road 51A in Hayden.
10:13 a.m. Police received a report of someone losing a wallet somewhere along the Yampa River Core Trail.
2:11 p.m. A van speeding and driving aggressively at South Lincoln Avenue and Mount Werner Road was reported to police.
5:53 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance in the 1300 block of Dream Island Plaza. A man was arrested for harassment, stalking and violating protection orders after an argument with a neighbor escalated.
7:07 p.m. Officers received a report of a vehicle that hit a park vehicle in the 700 block of Yampa Street then drove away.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.
Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
11:20 p.m. Officers were called to two bikes stolen between 8 and 11 p.m. outside a restaurant in the 700 block of Yampa Street.
Total incidents: 60
- Steamboat officers had 28 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had 22 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to seven calls for service.
- West Routt firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Yampa Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User