UPDATES: List of cancellations, closures around Steamboat, Routt County due to coronavirus
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Events and establishments continue to be canceled or closed around Routt County due to concerns about COVID-19. Check back as this list will continually be updated.
If you have an event that is canceled or postponed, email news@SteamboatPilot.com with the information.
The following events have been canceled or postponed. There are listed in no particular order.
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps Moonshine Ski & Dine: Originally scheduled for Sunday, March 29. Raffle will still take place at 6:30 p.m. Need not be present to win.
Songwriter Series presents Patty Larkin: Originally scheduled for Sunday, March 29, at Chief Theater. Will be rescheduled.
Songwriter Series presents Kenny White: Originally scheduled for Friday, April 10, Chief Theater. Will be rescheduled.
Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon: Originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 7, at Snow Bowl. Has been postponed to early summer.
61st Annual Knights of Columbus St. Patrick’s Day Dinner: Originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 17.
Ski Free Sunday: Originally scheduled for Sunday, March 15, to commemorate the end of the ski season at Howelsen Hill.
Yampa Valley Choral Society Irish Concerts: Originally scheduled for Sunday, March 15. Ticket refunds are available from where they were purchased.
Soroco Music Jazz Gala: Originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, at Soroco High School.
Steamboat Chamber Singers Irish Concert: Originally scheduled for Sunday, March 15.
SPEAK 2020 performances: Originally scheduled for March 19, 20 and 21. Will be rescheduled for May.
Luau Party: Originally scheduled for Friday, March 13, at Steamboat Resort. Canceled with the exception of the evening’s fireworks.
’80s Party: Originally scheduled for Friday, March 20, at Steamboat Resort.
12th annual Cody’s Challenge: Originally scheduled for Saturday, April 4, at Steamboat Resort.
Yampa Valley Autism Program’s Masquerade Ball: Originally scheduled for April 4. In its place, there will be an online silent auction that has yet to be set up.
Opera Steamboat’s Opera in the Schools program: Originally scheduled for Monday, March 16, to Friday, March 20, at Soda Creek and Strawberry Park elementary schools, Steamboat Springs Middle School, Emerald Mountain School, Mountain Village Montessori Charter School and North Routt Community Charter School.
Steamboat Symphony Orchestra’s Immersion Weekend: Originally scheduled for Saturday, March 14, and Sunday, March 15. Will be rescheduled.
“Little Mermaid on Ice”: Originally scheduled for March 20, 21 and 22 at Howelsen Ice Arena. Will be rescheduled.
Strings Music Festival: All programs through Wednesday, April 1, have been canceled or postponed:
- Los Lobos on March 15 has been rescheduled to 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 25.
- Leftover Salmon on Tuesday, March 17, has been rescheduled to 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5.
- Anders Osborne and Jackie Greene on Thursday, March 19, will be rescheduled.
- Steel Betty on Tuesday, March 24, has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
Read to Dogs at Bud Werner Memorial Library: Originally scheduled for Saturday, March 14.
End of Life series: Originally scheduled to be held each Tuesday from March 17 to April 14. Expected to be rescheduled for the fall.
Fly Fishing Film Tour: Originally scheduled for Friday, March 13, and Saturday, March 14, at the Chief Theater has been postponed and will be rescheduled. Tickets already purchased will be honored for the new date.
“Moon Over Buffalo”: Originally scheduled for March 20 and 21 and March 27 and 28 at the Chief Theater will be rescheduled for the last two weekends in May. Tickets already purchased will be honored for the new date.
Organizing Your Business Marketing: Originally scheduled for Friday, March 27, and Friday, April 10, at Colorado Mountain College Steamboat Springs.
Business Planning for a New Startup: Originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 25.
St. Patrick’s Day Fireworks at Steamboat Resort
Luck of the Irish 7K: Originally scheduled for Saturday, March 14.
Women United Spring Luncheon: Originally scheduled for Thursday, April 2. Will be rescheduled for later in the spring.
Other cancellations and closures:
• The town of Hayden has restricted public access to Town Hall until at least Tuesday, April 7, and may be extend the closure as needed to protect the public and essential town staff.
• Excel Gymnastics will be closed for all classes following state mandates for all gym closures until Friday, April 17.
• The Steamboat Tennis and Pickleball Center will be closed until at least Monday, March 30.
• The city of Steamboat Springs will close public access to city facilities beginning Tuesday, March 17.
• Hayden Public Library is closed until further notice. All programs have been suspended.
• The Oak Creek Town Hall has been closed to the public. There will be one person present during regular operation hours, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., to take calls and process bill payments.
• The Steamboat Art Museum and Museum Store have been closed until Monday, March 30.
• Bud Werner Memorial Library will be closed until Monday, March 30. Patrons can still drop off books to be returned at the outside drop slots.
• The Rotary Club of Steamboat Springs has cancelled its weekly meeting through April 7. The club usually meets at noon Tuesdays at the Steamboat Grand.
• Old Town Hot Springs will be closed for two weeks starting Sunday, March 15.
• Yoga Center at Steamboat has closed.
• Rakta Hot Yoga has closed.
• Steamboat Springs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has closed.
• LiftUp of Routt County will close its Donation Center and Thrift Store Monday, March 16, to Sunday, March 29. All three Food Banks and Community Support operations will remain open during that time.
• Northwest Colorado Health’s Aging Well Activities, including fitness classes and wellness days for older adults, will be canceled until further notice. For more information, call 970-871-7676.
• Howelsen Ice Arena will be closed until further notice.
• Sunday services at Anchor Way Church have been canceled until further notice. There will be a service at 10 a.m. each Sunday, live-streamed on Facebook.
• Tread of Pioneers Museum has canceled all programs and events through Wednesday, April 15. The museum will remain open until further notice.
• All Steamboat Soccer Club training and games will be suspended through Monday, March 23.
• Sunday worship services at Heart of Steamboat United Methodist Church have been canceled until further notice. There will be a service at 10 a.m. Sunday, March 15, via Facebook Live on the church’s Facebook page.
• Heeling Friends Animal Assisted Therapy program is postponing its spring recruit originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, and Thursday, March 19, at Strawberry Park Elementary School.
• Routt County Council on Aging group meals will be canceled starting Monday, March 16. Home delivered meals will be available to clients instead. For more information, call 970-879-0633.
• The Town Challenge Ski Ascent series is postponing the final race of the season, the Sunset Happy Hour Hustle, originally scheduled for Thursday, March 26.
• Old Town Hot Springs is suspending Steamboat Swim Team practice to align with the recommendations of USA swimming/CHSAA. It is also suspending use of senior programs Tuesday, March 17. Child services and the climbing wall have also been suspended.
• Steamboat Adaptive Recreational Sports (STARS) will suspend all operations for the remainder of the winter season. Refunds will be provided to all families and guests for the lessons that are booked from Saturday, March 14, to Friday, April 10.
• All youth story times and program at Bud Werner Memorial Library have been canceled through Sunday, April 5, including Babytime, Lego at the Library, Little Crafters, Toddler Time, Preschool Time, Story Stretchers and Words in Motion.
• The Bud Light Free Concert Series at Steamboat Resort has been canceled for the remainder of the season.
• CHSAA has suspended all spring sports, including practices and contests, until Monday, April 6. Local schools have halted middle school sports to match CHSAA’s decision.
• The ski jumping/Nordic combined junior championships originally scheduled for March 17-21 at Howelsen Hill have been canceled. All U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association-sanctioned events have been canceled.
• Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club has suspended all trips and van travel and closed the strength center. All end of season banquets have been canceled.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — More than half of Routt County residents 70 and older have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as of Friday, as Colorado prepares to widen eligibility for those who can receive…