Ulrich Salzgeber: Residences need carbon monoxide detectors | SteamboatToday.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Ulrich Salzgeber: Residences need carbon monoxide detectors

The Nov. 28 article, “Steamboat firefighters respond to spike in deadly gas leaks,” showed the importance of all residences having carbon monoxide detectors. 

The Steamboat Springs Board of Realtors and their affiliate partners would like to remind the public to donate to Routt County United Way and designate a portion of your contribution for CO detectors for those who cannot afford to purchase them. If you cannot afford a CO detector, please contact United Way for a voucher.

You need a CO detector on every floor of your home and also in the garage where there can be many sources of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless and extremely toxic. Symptoms of exposure mimic those of flu, cold or allergies.

Death by carbon monoxide poisoning is 100% preventable. Be safe, be wise and be certain to have carbon monoxide detectors for the safety of your family.

Ulrich Salzgeber
Steamboat Springs


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User