Two bears stuck inside dumpster: The Record for Friday, Oct. 25, 2019
Friday, Oct. 25, 2019
12:35 p.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called about a man who allegedly stole a beer from a gas station in the 2000 block of Curve Plaza.
3:08 p.m. Police responded to a crash at a grocery store parking lot in the 37500 block of U.S. Highway 40. There were no injuries.
4:24 p.m. Officers were called to mediate an argument between two men at a fitness center in the 100 block of Lincoln Avenue.
6:37 p.m. Police responded to a four-vehicle crash at Hilltop Parkway and South Lincoln Avenue. There were no injuries.
5:07 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a report of an unconscious person at a restaurant in the 400 block of Lincoln Avenue.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
7:37 p.m. Police pulled a man over for failing to use his blinker at Fifth and Oak streets. Officers arrested him on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI per se and failing to use his turn signal.
10:42 p.m. Deputies conducted a traffic stop in the 1500 block of 13th Street. They arrested a man on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and DUI per se.
11:36 p.m. A caller notified police of a black bear and her cub stuck inside a dumpster in the 1800 block of Central Park Drive.
11:49 p.m. Deputies were called about a disturbance in the 1100 block of West Jefferson Avenue in Hayden.
Total incidents: 51
- Steamboat officers had 22 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County deputies had 17 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to nine calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- Routt County Search and Rescue volunteers responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.