TOWN TALK: HAYDEN
The Hayden track team attended a very competitive meet at the Eagle Valley Invitational tournament last Saturday, April 6.
A memorial service was held at 11 a.m. April 6, 2002, at the Hayden Congregational Church for Kenneth Bailey, who passed away March 18, 2002, in Fort Collins. His late wife, Effie, preceded him in death March 1, 2001. Both Kenneth and Effie were longtime residents of Hayden.
Rosary was held the evening of April 4, 2002, at St. Michaels Church in Craig for Brad Skufca. Mass of Christian Burial service was held at 11 a.m. April 5. Celebrant was Father Ernest Bayer. Pallbearers were Eric Dixon, Todd Simon, Moises Arellano, Shawn Turner, John McLaurin and Ricky Arellano. Interment was in the Craig Cemetery.
Mr. and Mrs. Steve Bell, daughter Morgan, Ryan Bell and Kyle Monger spent spring break in Arizona with John and Shirley Gossert.
The Melvin Richardson family was in Green River, Utah, Easter weekend to visit his brother Irwin and family. Their mother was able to come from Evanston, Wyo., to be with all of them.
Ashley and Whitney Bell spent their spring break with maternal grandparents in New York City.
Mr. and Mrs. Joe Boyd spent last weekend in Denver with their children and grandchildren. Needless to say, it was a great trip!
Mr. and Mrs. Beryl Rienks spent Easter in Mack with son Shane and his family. While there, they celebrated grandson Kevon’s 18th birthday.
Dorothy Kuchler Finkel Freshour, 69, passed away in El Cajon, Calif., April 1, 2002, at the home of her daughter following a long battle with lung cancer. She requested no services. Dorothy and her siblings attended school in Hayden. They all very much enjoyed attending the Hayden Union High School reunions.
Mr. and Mrs. Russ Kopsa, Sam and Madison spent their spring break vacation in Texas with grandparents Twylah and Lloyd Graham. Highlights of the trip included going to Water World and Enchanted Rock.
Bryan Rickman made a trip to Denver last Tuesday to take Bob Barnes for medical attention.
Kathy (Hellyer) Johnson was dismissed from the hospital last Tuesday after undergoing major surgery. She spent a short time with her mother to begin her recuperation before returning to her home in Craig.
Fred Hughes was a patient at Yampa Valley Medical Center last week suffering with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Time seemed to stop for Matthew Engle for a few seconds after he heard crunching metal last week while he was in downtown Steamboat Springs.