Time to put on your winter weight: Steamboat Restaurant Week deals arrive Friday
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Foodies rejoice. The epicurean season in Steamboat Springs has arrived.
Indulge in the eclectic flavors of the Yampa Valley by embarking on a gastronomic tour of over 30 eateries during the third annual Restaurant Week, which starts Friday and continues through Oct. 7.
“Restaurant week is a good excuse to try something new,” said Rex Brice, owner of Rex’s Family of Restaurants. “Get out and try somewhere you haven’t been to in awhile or maybe somewhere you’ve never been to at all.”
• Each participating restaurant will show the Steamboat Restaurant Week decal on their window.
• Some restaurants will have a special menu and others will offer a Restaurant Week special.
• Reservations are highly recommended.
Black and white banners will wave along Lincoln Avenue as a reminder that Steamboat Restaurant Week is “satisfying a mountain of appetites.” Offerings range from specials to select menus and feature food and beverages.
“While the format for each of the restaurant specials is slightly different, each of the featured dishes give our guests an opportunity to get in and see what each place is all about,” Brice said.
This year, Main Street Steamboat Springs, which organizes the event, has partnered with Open Table to market Restaurant Week on the Front Range and in Summit County.
“In the last year alone, I think Steamboat’s restaurant scene has really stepped it up, and we’re seeing some fabulous, quality cuisine,” said Main Street Steamboat Springs Executive Director Lisa Popovich. “It’s a fun week and you can eat out every night if you want and then the following week. Then, call your favorite personal trainer to get ready for the start of ski season.”
Steamboat Restaurant Week guide
With over 30 restaurants to choose from and only so much time, here’s our strategic guide to getting the most out of Steamboat Restaurant Week.
More than just a bite
Specials that offer menu items for $20 and under.
- Johnny B Good’s: Early bird breakfast: 2 eggs with hashbrowns and toast for $4.99; 2 eggs with hashbrowns, toast and meat for $6.99. Slice of homemade pie for $1.99 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- The Shack: Old-fashioned waffle with choice of meat, coffee and juice for $12.95; spicy huevos rancheros with chorizo and pork green chili, coffee and juice for $14.50.
- Back Door Grill: G19 $15; Blue Collar Special classic cheese burger, fries and a drink for $8.66; add an extra patty for $2. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mountain Tap Brewery: Crispy potato pancake and apple slaw, with herbed sour cream for $6; locally made pork brat, with house dijon mustard, house sauerkraut and bread for $11; apple crisp topped with vanilla ice cream and wort syrup for $8.
- 8th Street Steakhouse: Three-course meal for $20.
Eateries that combine western heritage and an air of sophistication with deals ranging in price, courses and pairings.
- E3 Chophouse: New specials daily; kids eat free.
- Carl’s Tavern: Rib special with fries for $20.18.
- The Cabin: Three-course meal for $35.
- The Rusted Porch: Meatloaf with Sriracha ketchup glaze, mashed potatoes and sautéed seasonal vegetables for $12; 20 percent off first online order.
- Haymaker Patio Grill: Inquire at restaurant.
Bring on the tapas
Small plates mean more options for tantalizing options from Salt & Lime’s Chef’s Choice options to Table 79’s 50 percent-off entrees.
- Low Country Kitchen: Three-course meal for $30.
- Laundry Kitchen and Cocktails: Chef’s choice for two for $60.
- Salt and Lime: Chef’s choice for two for $42.
- Table 79 Foodbar: Half-off entrees.
Keepin’ it light
Whether you’re looking for breakfast, coffee or an early happy hour, look no further.
- Seedz Breakfast & Lunch Cafe: $1 off sangria; two-for-one breakfast; steak and egg Benedict for $13.
- Yampy’s Coffee Crepes Cocktails: 16-ounce or smaller coffee drink and any crepe 25 percent off; any cocktail and crepe 25 percent off.
These cozy settings range in deals from 50 percent-off entrees at Aurum Food & Wine to Chef’s Choice options from Rex’s American Grill & Bar.
- Aurum Food & Wine: Half-off entrees.
- Mahogany Ridge Brewery & Grill: Three-course meal for $35.
- Rex’s American Grill & Bar: Chef’s choice for $25.
- Sambi Canton: Inquire at restaurant.
Finest pubs and taverns
Meander into one of these casual establishments for craft cocktails and seasonal favorites.
- Steamboat Smokehouse: Cup of soup for $3.95; bowl of soup for $6.95; two pretzels for $9.95; entree for $15.95.
- Big House Burgers: Burger and beer for $13.99.
- McKnight’s Irish Pub: Buy one entree, get the second for half price.
- Tap House Sports Bar & Grill: Prix fixe dinner for one for $20 or two for $35; 1 entree for $20 or two for $35.
- Dude & Dan’s Bar and Grill: Inquire at restaurant.
Ristorante and pizzerias
Featuring the taste of locally-sourced ingredients, these eateries combine the taste of Italy with a unique flair.
- Mambo Italiano: Three-course meal for $34.
- Mazzola’s Italian Diner: Pasta dinner for $25.
- Cugino’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant: Inquire at restaurant.
Fine dining favorites from the mouth-watering prime rib at The Ore House at Pine Grove to Cloverdale Restaurant’s three-course meal for just $40.
- Harwigs L’Apogee: Yampa Valley pork duet for $20.
- Besame: Three-course meal for $40.
- The Ore House at Pine Grove: Eight-ounce prime rib dinner for $25.95.
- Cloverdale Farm & Restaurant: Three-course meal for $40; cocktail specials.
- Cafe Diva: Four-course meal with wine pairings for $65.
To see the full list of specials and menu items offered during Restaurant Week, visit MainstreetSteamboat.com/blog/restaurant-week-satisfying-a-mountain-of-appetites/.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Bleach, carcinogens and petroleum — oh my! Not to worry though; these are all ingredients that you’ll never find in Alpine Bee Candles.