Thrill-seeking four-wheeler driver: The Record for Tuesday, May 14
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
12:04 p.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report of three suspicious vehicles in a parking lot in the 1000 block of High Point Drive. They were gone by the time officers arrived.
1:02 p.m. Someone was having trouble contacting an auto repair business in the 1400 block of 13th Street. Officers helped the person find the phone number of the business.
1:08 p.m. A woman reported her bike had been stolen in the 10 block of 11th Street. She called police a few minutes later after finding the bike nearby.
3:05 p.m. Officers were called about a driver on a four-wheeler speeding around a parking lot in the 2000 block of Curve Plaza. The caller was worried about the safety of the driver after a vehicle almost hit the four-wheeler.
7:44 p.m. Police were called about someone texting and driving at Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
8:17 p.m. Officers received a missing person report for a Fort Collins man. He had worked in Steamboat previously but had not been seen in the area recently.
9:15 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue assisted a driver who hit an elk at Colorado Highway 131 and U.S. Highway 40 causing the airbags to deploy.
Total incidents: 35
- Steamboat officers had 16 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had 14 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat firefighters responded to four calls for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.