The Record for July 2
1:08 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of a drunken person at Ninth and Yampa streets.
1:49 a.m. Police found a vehicle in the 900 block of Pamela Lane with an open trunk and notified its owner.
2:14 a.m. Police were called to a report of a bear in the 700 block of Tamarack Drive.
3:04 a.m. A person in the Steamboat Lake area called Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies for directions to the nearest hospital because a woman possibly was going into labor.
3:45 a.m. Police were called to a noise complaint in the 1300 block of Sparta Plaza. Officers warned the residents about loud music.
4:10 a.m. Deputies were called to a report of a suspicious vehicle at mile marker 14 of Routt County Road 129. A person had pulled over to sleep in his or her car.
9:33 a.m. Deputies were called to a report of a stolen snowmobile in the Buffalo Pass area. The snowmobile was last seen three weeks ago.
10:56 a.m. Deputies were called to a report of a dead porcupine in the road at mile marker 6 of C.R. 14 near Oak Creek. Deputies removed the animal from the road.
11:21 a.m. Deputies took a report of an Internet scam reported from the 36000 block of William William. Nothing was stolen.
12:05 p.m. Deputies were called to a dog complaint from a month ago in the 33000 Block of Sky Valley Drive.
12:48 p.m. A person called police to express concern for the welfare of cows at the rodeo.
1:10 p.m. Police were called to a report of a bike theft in the 300 block of Seventh Street.
2:27 p.m. Police helped a bicyclist with a flat tire near Burgess Creek.
3:21 p.m. Police were called to a report of a dog locked in a car with the windows up in the 900 block of Central Park Drive. Officers couldn’t locate the dog or the car.
4:09 p.m. Deputies were called to a report of sheep in the road at mile marker 56 of Colorado Highway 131 near Oak Creek. A sheepherder was on scene and removed the sheep.
4:21 p.m. Deputies were called to a report of an injured dog at C.R. 129 and U.S. Forest Service Road 550. The dog was old and arthritic and had just stopped to rest.
4:56 p.m. Someone turned in a credit card to police that was found during Saturday’s Mainstreet Farmers Market.
5:43 p.m. Deputies were called to a report of fireworks on Huckleberry Lane. Deputies were unable to locate the source of the noise.
6:35 p.m. Deputies were called to a report of harassing text messages in Oak Creek.
7:33 p.m. Police were called to a report of someone setting off fireworks at Valverdant Circle and Fish Creek Falls Road, but officers did not find any fireworks when they arrived.
8:19 p.m. Police were called to a two-car, noninjury crash at Sixth Street and Lincoln Avenue.
9:13 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters were called to a report of a fire at Copper Ridge Spur and Copper Ridge Drive started by a downed power line. Firefighters put out the fire, and Yampa Valley Electric Association fixed the line.
9:22 p.m. Deputies gave a courtesy ride home to someone who was upset at a business in the 2000 block of Curve Plaza.
9:57 p.m. Police were called to a report of teenagers possibly playing catch with and dropping eggs in the parking lot of a business in the 1100 block of South Lincoln Avenue.
10:13 p.m. Police were called to a report of a bear in the 1300 block of Dream Island Plaza.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Some residents at Sleepy Bear Mobile Home Park will likely be without power and water for at least several weeks after two fires broke out at the park Wednesday afternoon.