Suspicious alarm: The Record for Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019
Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019
1:50 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report of a drunken woman at Fifth and Oak streets. Officers gave the woman a lift home.
2:09 a.m. Officers received a report of verbal disturbance in the 1600 block of Red Hawk Court. A man who had been drinking wanted to drive somewhere. Officers gave the man a ride to a hotel, where he checked into a room.
5:17 a.m. Officers received a report of a suspicious person in the 1500 block of Shadow Run Frontage. A person reported hearing a man yelling for help near the building. Officers walked around the building and did not hear or see anybody in distress.
11:48 a.m. Officers received a report of threats in the 2900 block of West Acres Drive. A woman wanted to talk to an officer about a voicemail from her ex-boyfriend.
12:10 p.m. A tractor’s back-up alarm was beeping behind a business in the 2100 block of Curve Plaza. Officers believe the cold weather made the alarm start sounding.
12:17 p.m. Steamboat Fire Rescue firefighters were called to assist a person having a possible stroke in the 2400 block of Lincoln Avenue.
12:41 p.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to a report of threats at Steamboat Resort.
10:08 p.m. Steamboat firefighters were called to a reported structure fire in the 2000 block of Columbine Drive.
Total incidents: 52
- Steamboat police had 32 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- The Routt County Sheriff’s Office had five cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue responded to 10 calls for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District responded to two calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District responded to two calls for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.