Steamboat Springs School District releases master planning meeting schedule
Steamboat Springs — The engineering firm and architect hired by the Steamboat Springs School District to work on an upcoming capital construction project have set a design schedule and began meeting with teachers at each school last week to gather feedback.
The Steamboat Springs School Board officially approved the hiring of RLH Engineering in January and architect SlaterPaull at its March 9 meeting.
Public meetings as well as meetings with specific stakeholders or district administration teams will continue this Thursday.
The district’s four master planning committees, which include district representatives and members of the community, will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Steamboat Springs High School to discuss the results of a recent stakeholder questionnaire on the district’s master plan.
A complete list of evening meetings open to the public is below.
A presentation on the three best options for capital improvements to district facilities is scheduled for April 29, and a selection for what project the district should proceed with is expected to happen on May 12.
Upcoming master plan meeting schedule from SlaterPaull:
• Thursday, March 26 — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., meeting with four master planning committees, questionnaire feedback report and summary at Steamboat Springs High School, 45 Maple St.
• Monday, March 30 — 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., meeting with school board and four committees to present draft facilities assessment; school board will be reviewing the district’s draft strategic plan, district office board room, 325 Seventh St.
• Tuesday, April 7 — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., meeting with four committees to present final program and education specifications and facility assessment at Soda Creek Elementary, 220 Park Ave.
• Wednesday, April 15 — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., community design charrette at Steamboat Springs High School
• Wednesday, April 29 — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., community presentation of three best options at Steamboat Springs Middle School, 39610 Amethyst Drive
• Monday, May 4 — 5:30 p.m., update presentation to school board, district office board room, 325 Seventh St.
• Tuesday, May 12 — 5:30 p.m., meeting with four committees and administration group, selection of preferred option at Strawberry Park Elementary, 39620 Amethyst Drive
• Monday, June 1 — 5:30 p.m., presentation to school board, with master plan report and recommendations, district office board room, 325 Seventh St.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.