Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Friday, Feb. 14
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Occupancy rates at mountain resort condos in Steamboat were up each Saturday in January by 5 to 9 percent. Snow is good for Steamboat’s business, but not when it falls in Atlanta during Presidents weekend
• At 11:30 a.m. Friday, the Regional Building Department Oversight Committee will meet in the commissioner’s hearing room to discuss the possible privatization of the department. Committee will discuss privatizing Routt County Regional Building Department
• Steamboat Springs wildlife officers are investigating another moose attack where a woman was injured while walking her dogs. Another woman injured in moose attack near Steamboat
• Steamboat Springs High School boys basketball has its most wins in four years after beating Battle Mountain on the road by 16 on Thursday night. Sailors boys hoops picks up win No. 14 at Battle Mountain
• Soroco High School boys basketball dropped a non-league contest Thursday night at Rangely. The Rams will be back in action at home Friday night against De Beque. Non-league loss doesn’t deter Soroco boys basketball
• Steamboat Springs High School girls basketball picked up its eighth win of the season Thursday, beating Battle Mountain, 43-35. Sailors girls hoops gets momentum boost with win at Battle Mountain
• With the regular season nearly wrapped up, Routt County winter sports playoff hopefuls are looking ahead to their prospects in the upcoming district tournaments. Playoff-bound Sailors teams eye district tournaments
• It’s been almost 50 years since John McEuen and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band first took the stage, and McEuen hasn’t slowed since. On Friday, he invites his Valentine’s Day audience to join him at the Chief Theater at 7 p.m. for a look back at his musical journey over the past half-century. ‘My Nitty Gritty Valentine’
• After about 13 years apart, renowned musicians Tim O’Brien and Darrell Scott have joined together again for a tour and their new album, “Memories and Moments.” Friday night, they will play at the Strings Music Pavilion at 7:30 p.m. Renowned duo with folk roots play at Strings
• Beginning Friday and continuing through Monday, bird lovers in Steamboat Springs and around the world are invited to participate in the 17th annual Great Backyard Bird Count, counting and logging various species of birds wherever they can. Backyard bird watchers wanted for worldwide count
• Steamboat Springs graduate Owen Williams is thrilled to be coming home. His first feature film, “Under the Hollywood Sign,” premieres Saturday evening at the Chief Theater, and tells the “painful and hilarious story of an actorʼs fading dreams and the need to reinvent his purpose in life.” Steamboat grad’s 1st feature film to premiere here
• Valentine’s Day is upon us again, and what would the middle of February be without a few selections at the local bijou to provide people with a good date night? Whether you and your significant other are planning to step out on the town or snuggle up at home with a DVD, there are plentiful films to be enjoyed for whatever your liking, many of which have come out within the last year. The Bock’s Office: Love is in the air and at the movies
• Valentine’s Day is Friday this year. Have you figured out what you’re doing that day? Here’s a couple of ideas to get you started. Valentine’s Day events across Routt County
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Ted Lasso is one of the hottest things in TV right now. He’s kind, motivating, funny and optimistic. The world needs more Ted. Here are a few of his famous lines to ground you, make…