Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Friday, Dec. 6
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• It has been more than a week since Hailey ingested suspected marijuana, and she still has not returned to being her old self. Steamboat dog recovering after ‘bad trip’ from eating pot
• Two men were arrested after two separate searches were conducted Wednesday in Steamboat Springs by the All Crimes Enforcement Team drug task force. 2 men arrested after drug task force searches Steamboat homes
• St. Paul’s is about halfway through its funding campaign to retire the debt on its new sanctuary and to fund the new internship program. St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Steamboat has big plans for 101st year
• The city’s Parks and Recreation Commission next week will talk about the possibility of adding baseball games at Emerald Park this summer. Triple Crown wants more fields to play on in Steamboat Springs
• Enterprise Rent-A-Car is going through the city of Steamboat Springs’ process to establish a new rental location on Downhill Drive in west Steamboat. Enterprise Rent-A-Car looks to expand in Steamboat
• The Steamboat Springs School Board approved an official high school swim team less than a month ago, but because very few girls turned out for the program, the season was cancelled Thursday. Low turnout cancels Sailors girls swim team’s season
• Injuries and foul trouble threatened to spoil Soroco High School girls basketball’s first game of the season, but a bench full of freshmen and sophomores stepped up and got the Rams an overtime win on the road. Soroco girls hoops grits out overtime win on the road
• A strong fourth quarter by North Park sank Hayden High School girls basketball to 0-1 after its season opener Thursday night. North Park’s huge 4th quarter sinks Hayden girls hoops
• The inaugural Art & Soul of Hospice art show benefits the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association’s Hospice and Palliative Care Program. Steamboat art show to benefit hospice
• The 10th annual Steamboat Mountain Film Festival concludes Friday with the Reel Awards. Steamboat Film Festival concludes with Reel Awards
• The Steamboat Art Museum opens “The Russian Experience” during the First Friday Artwalk. From Russia to Steamboat
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User