Steamboat Sotheby’s Community Fund grants over $10K to nonprofits
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund recently completed its fall 2018 grant cycle, awarding $10,400 to eight nonprofit organizations for their work to benefit the Steamboat Springs and Routt County communities.
Since its inception in 2017, and after just three rounds of grant funding, the fund has awarded over $28,000 to 21 local organizations. Established in collaboration with the Yampa Valley Community Foundation, the fund was created as a way for Steamboat Sotheby’s Realty brokers and staff to collectively contribute and make a meaningful impact in Steamboat Springs and Routt County.
“The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund is a wonderful example of our motto: ‘Connecting people who care with causes that matter,’” said Mark Andersen, Yampa Valley Community Foundation executive director, in a news release. “The organizations that have received funding through this program reflect the diverse needs within our community, and the fund itself reflects the power of collective giving to make significant impact.”
Grant funding for the fall 2018 period was awarded to:
- Advocates of Routt County, funding for shelter advocate/manager
- Yampa Valley Autism Program, funding for after-school activities support staff
- LiftUp of Routt County, emergency housing assistance fund
- Sk8 Church, expansion of after-school program
- Boys & Girls Club of Steamboat Springs, Mary Brown Teen Center expansion
- Partners in Routt County, engagement of new mentors
- North Routt Preschool, installation of water treatment system
- Steamboat Skating Club, Mary Poppins on Ice production
- Colorado Water Trust – Sustaining the Yampa River
Visit steamboatsir.com or contact Traci Smith at 970-879-8100 for more information on Steamboat Sotheby’s Community Fund.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.