Steamboat Sotheby’s Community Fund awards $8,700 to local nonprofits
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund awarded $8,700 to seven local nonprofits during its spring round of grant funding. Twenty-two applications were submitted, and funding was awarded to the following organizations and programs:
- BookTrails, summer scholarship program
- Grand Futures Prevention Coalition, seminar scholarships for nursing students and first responders
- LiftUp of Routt County, emergency housing assistance program
- Rocky Mountain Youth Corps, Yampa Valley Science School scholarships
- Routt County Crisis Support, first responders’ mental health support
- Steamboat Youth Hockey Association, Steamboat Schools and ASSET Program growth and development initiative
- Young Tracks Child Care Center, tuition assistance program
“Our team is incredibly proud of the SSIR Community Fund program, and the positive impact that it has had on so many lives in Routt County,” fund coordinator Traci Smith was quoted as saying in a news release. “The grant decision process can be very challenging, as there are so many incredible organizations doing really important work in our communities. Our committee gives careful consideration to each application, and we feel grateful to be able to give back to our community in this meaningful way.”
In two years and four grant funding cycles, the fund has awarded $36,800 in contributions to 26 organizations.
The next round of grant applications is due Oct. 1. Visit steamboatsir.com or call 970-879-8100 for more information.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
About 400 gathered for second ‘Stand for Our Land’ rally