Steamboat Sotheby’s awards over $10K to local nonprofits
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund recently awarded over $10,000 to 12 Routt County nonprofit organizations.
“The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund is a wonderful example of our motto, ‘Connecting people who care with causes that matter,’” Yampa Valley Community Foundation Executive Director Mark Anderson said in a news release. “The organizations that have received funding through this program reflect the diverse needs within our community, and the fund itself reflects the power of collective giving to make significant impact.”
Grant funding for the fall award period included:
- Camp Invention — youth scholarship program
- Come As You Are — graduation fund
- Girls on the Run of Northwest Colorado — scholarship program
- Heeling Friends
- LiftUp of Routt County — Emergency Housing Assistance Fund
- Northwest Colorado Center for Independence — youth and young adult outreach
- Northwest Colorado Health – Aging Well program
- School trails map program
- Steamboat Springs High School After Prom
- Steamboat Soccer Club — scholarship program
- Yampa Valley Parkinson’s Support Network — expanding the outreach program
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council — Energy efficiency/home safety assistance for low income households
Since its inception in 2017, the Community Fund has contributed almost $47,000 to 35 organizations.
Established in collaboration with the Yampa Valley Community Foundation, the fund was created as a way for Steamboat Sotheby’s Realty brokers and staff to collectively contribute and make a meaningful impact in Steamboat Springs and Routt County. The programs funded include health and human services, senior services, youth programs, arts and the environment.
For more information about the Community Fund, visit steamboatsir.com or call 970-879-8100.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The award-winning Pub Creative studio blended fast cars and top talent with the Yampa Valley snow at Alpine Mountain Ranch & Club in Steamboat Springs to create content for Lexus, one of the world’s top luxury car makers.