Steamboat Pilot & Today to launch new website Wednesday
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — SteamboatPilot.com will have a new look Wednesday that is optimized to serve a rapidly diversifying digital audience.
The newspaper’s digital developers have rebuilt SteamboatPilot.com with a mobile-first mindset using a “responsive” design that automatically adjusts to fit different screen sizes on various platforms, whether it’s a smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer or gaming system.
The new design also features new ad formats that, in early tests, have proved to be both more effective for advertisers and attractive to readers.
• A “responsive” presentation that better serves mobile readers, which now represent a majority of the newspaper’s website traffic.
• A cleaner design that’s easier on the eyes.
• A few changes to section links at the top of each page that make it easier to reach popular pages.
• On mobile devices, an app-like menu appears at the bottom of every page and provides easy access to key site features like Trending Stories and other site sections.
• New advertising positions that offer an improved browsing experience while still giving local businesses effective opportunities to share their message with our fast-growing digital audience.
What hasn’t changed
• The newspaper’s commitment to deliver the same quantity and quality of local news and information to audiences in Steamboat, Routt County and the rest of the world.
• The Pilot & Today mobile app for Apple and Android devices is unaffected by this redesign, and the experience for those using the app will remain the same.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.